Matt Cobb, Shawna Ernst and Pat O’Hagan Join First Arriving to Provide Public Safety Organizations with Custom Recruitment and Technology Solutions
Richmond, Va. (Sept 1) – First Arriving, a leader in providing technology and marketing services for fire/EMS, law enforcement, and local government, today announced it has expanded its growing law enforcement division with the addition of three industry veterans. Matt Cobb, Shawna Ernst and Pat O’Hagan have joined the First Arriving team working with the company’s law enforcement clients to assist with strategic solutions and dynamic communication tools.
First Arriving’s Law Enforcement team serves police departments, sheriff’s offices, state police, and security agencies. For on-duty personnel, First Arriving’s digital dashboards provide real-time, mission-critical data and more than 100 third party integrations that enhance situational awareness and improve communication. To recruit and retain personnel, the First Arriving team develops programs that engage the community and create compelling content.
“First Arriving is excited to grow our law enforcement division with the addition of these outstanding professionals,” said Shannon Gilliland, Chief Operating Officer, First Arriving. “They come from a diverse background and have a collaborative and transformational mindset to contribute and provide significant expertise to ensure that our solutions meet the needs of our stakeholders and follow best practices.”
The new members of the Law Enforcement Division include:
Sgt. Matt Cobb
Law Enforcement Recruitment Strategist
- An active law enforcement sergeant with 15 years of experience
- Led recruiting and hiring efforts for a 300-officer agency
- Marine Corps and Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran
- Published in Sheriff & Deputy magazine, Washington Times, and recently selected as a police recruitment and retention expert by Police1
Law Enforcement Strategist
- Over 35 years of experience in public safety
- A 25-year veteran law enforcement officer with experience in operations and supervision of criminal investigation; patrol operation; SWAT, emergency management; research and planning; policy development; professional standards/internal affairs; accreditation and training.
- Former volunteer firefighter, serving as a firefighter/EMT, heavy rescue technician and line officer
Law Enforcement & Local Government Technology Strategist
- Served as a police department IT Director and Digital Forensic Lab
- Awarded the department's Medal of Merit for strategic planning and digital transformation
- Graduated from Washington State University with a Master's in Business Administration
- Holds the ISACA's CGEIT certification (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT) and has certifications as a Project Management Professional